Thankey Mahet Legal provides advice, assistance and advocacy at the Youth Court, Magistrates Court, Crown Court and Criminal Appeal Courts in relation to all forms of criminal allegations against clients and businesses.
We understand the daunting prospect that individuals and businesses face when having to appear in Court. We are practical and forthcoming in our approach. We give our clients honest opinions as to the charges and evidence in the case. We pride ourselves in being upfront with our clients and giving realistic advice on prospects of success and sentences.
We are on hand to provide expert advice and assistance on people facing prosecution for criminal offences, such as (but not restricted to):
- Murder and Manslaughter
- All forms of sexual natured allegations including Rape, Sexual Assaults and allegations contrary to the Sexual Offences Act
- Firearms allegations including those involving weapons and bladed articles
- Assault including Common Assault, Assault by Beating, ABH, GBH, Assaults on Police Officers
- Riots and Violent Disorder
- Allegations contrary to the Public Order Act including section 4 and 5
- All forms of Fraud including Banking, Insurance, Benefits, Mortgage, Deception, False Representation, False Identity Documents
- Theft including theft by employee, shoplifting, vehicle taking without consent, theft by finding, theft by a person
- Handling Stolen Goods
- Proceeds of Crime
- Drug allegations including Possession, Supply and Production/Cultivation
- Allegations contrary to Customs and Excise
- Criminal Damage
- Child cruelty
- Dangerous Dogs
- Animal cruelty
- Breach of Court Orders including Probation Orders and Restraining Orders
- Driving related allegations (see Road Traffic Offences)
If you have been reported by the police, received a Court summons, face prosecution proceedings or have been charged with any criminal allegation then please contact us immediately. The Court process can be very daunting and in order to receive the best service you should call us without hesitation to make an appointment so there is sufficient time to prepare your case.
The above list is not restricted and should you find yourself facing any prosecution proceedings at Court then we are in a position to represent you as we have vast experience of dealing with all forms of cases that appear before the criminal Courts.
Please contact our offices on 0116 247 0022 for further information.
At Thankey Mahet we offer Legal Aid, please contact the office for more information.
Our other services relating to Courts & Justice
Quality Legal Representation at the police station is paramount in any proceedings. Our Solicitors hold accreditations to represent clients at the Police Station or in any Interview under Caution no matter where it is held.
We appreciate that proceedings for Fraud and Serious Crime can have a profound effect upon the liberty of the person facing the charge.
We have vast experience with dealing with Multi-Handed Fraud cases, Murder, Serious Rapes, large scale Public Order offences and Money Laundering cases. We understand the importance of considering the evidence carefully as often when dealing with a large number of papers attention to detail is paramount.
Any form of action against a business from the Police or a Regulatory Authority can be complex and time consuming. It is important that your business instructs a strong and experienced legal team who can be contacted 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
This department offers advice and assistance relating to matters that stem from motoring and driving licence offences.
We offer our clients the added assurance that the advice given will reflect upon the current legislation, guidelines followed by the Courts, prospects of success and the strength of the evidence in the case.
If you or somebody you know has been sent to Prison you may need advice from our Prison Law Team. The law surrounding custodial sentences and detention is constantly changing. There are certain rights and privileges available to detainees.
Thankey Mahet Legal not only acts for individuals and businesses but also acts as agents for other law firms and organisations in the criminal law sector.
We are able to act of behalf of law firms for their clients at the Police Station, the Youth Court, Magistrates Court and before the Immigration Courts.